This event gives San Diego food lovers and visitors a chance to explore delicious tastings from an array of restaurants, cafes and bakeries in San Diego’s Point Loma peninsula. For one ticket price, attendees will be able to taste the best that Point Loma has to offer, as participating restaurants will offer samples of their finest and most popular menu items.
New to this year’s event will be food and beverage pairings. For an additional fee, participating restaurants will provide attendees with the option to purchase a drink that complements the restaurant’s food sample. Another new feature this year will be the addition of dog-friendly restaurants. Look for a paw print next to a restaurant’s logo on the ticket to find spots with dog-friendly patios.
Shuttle services will be available to attendees throughout the night. In addition, a discounted ticket will be offered to anyone going by bike.
Join us for a special menu and evening for Valentine’s Day. We have a delicious menu and wine pairing, all for just $49 per person.
1st Course – Arugula and Endive salad with pear, Gorgonzola, candied roasted walnuts, pomegranate seeds and balsamic drizzle in a raspberry white wine vinaigrette or roasted beet and carrot soup with a citrus infused crème fraîche.
2nd Course – Medley of Balsamic glazed grilled mushrooms, with shallots, leeks and wilted greens, in a light garlic white wine sauce or fire roasted red bell pepper fondue with cheddar cheese and prosciutto.
3rd Course – Pork Tenderloin stuffed with apple, sage, brie, with a rosemary red wine reduction, roasted new potatoes and sautéed veggies or penne pasta in a pesto cream sauce with grilled chicken, tomatoes, basil and parmesan cheese. (Vegetarian available)
4th – Truffles or bread pudding.
If you joined us for our Heroes of Point Loma party, you already know we recognized four community-nominated everyday heroes for their daily work to make Ocean Beach and Point Loma the communities we love and cherish. Congratulations to Matt Kalla, Martha Phillips, James Earnest and Kristin Garrett for all you continue to give to our communities. We look forward to seeing you back at The Wine Pub again soon!
If you ask The Wine Pub, five years in business calls for multiple celebrations. This November, Point Loma’s favorite place to wine, dine and pamper their pups launches a month of festivities in conjunction with the community that has been loyal and supportive of the locally-owned business for half a decade and counting.
“We’ve felt the love from this community for half-a-decade now, and this is how we want to say thank you,” says owner Sandy Hanshaw. “We’re only here because of their unwavering support. We want our community to know they have as much of a role in the success of The Wine Pub as we do — and that we cherish that.”
San Diegans can look forward to:
- All November, Share and Win: Friends of the local restaurant can submit their most memorable moments at The Wine Pub for a chance to win a wine that has been a customer-favorite for the past five years.
- November 7, 6-8 p.m., Champagne toast: Friends and family can join The Wine Pub owner and staff for live music on the patio, a birthday cake and a champagne toast to five years in Point Loma.
- November 12, 6-8 p.m., VIP (Very Important Pooches): The Wine Pub rolls out the red carpet (literally) for all the pups that have graced the patio with their presence. Photo opportunities and bottle service will be provided to these VIPs while all proceeds benefit the local dog rescue organization, Furry Fosters.
- November 17, 6-8 p.m., Heroes of Point Loma: The Wine Pub invites friends and family for a celebration recognizing the local heroes and their remarkable impacts on the Point Loma community.
Contact us with any questions about our anniversary festivities!
Please join us this month for an event very near and dear to our hearts: The Second Annual Bike for Boobs fundraiser on October 26. At 4 p.m. we’ll lead a casual bike ride around Shelter Island followed by a party on The Wine Pub patio. Your $25 donation includes a glass of wine or craft beer, appetizers, live music and a fantastic silent auction featuring wine specials, bike swag, restaurant gift certificates and hotel stays. Register for the event at https://bikeforboobs.eventbrite.com.
As you may or may not know, I was in chemotherapy treatment for stage three breast cancer last year. My husband, Andy, has a passion for bicycling and we decided to give back in a way that means something to us. Alas, Bike for Boobs was born. With your help, last year we raised more than $6,000 for the Breast Cancer Fund; an organization dedicated to the prevention of cancer through the elimination of dangerous chemicals in our environment including the food we eat, the beauty products we use, the detergent we wash our clothes with and more. Now I am cancer free, living a great life and feeling grateful for every day. Click here to learn more about Bike for Boobs and join us for this momentous event on October 26.
Get your creative juices flowing with a painting class paired with Happy Hour!
On October 25 from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m., The Wine Pub hosts its monthly Art Happy Hour. For $25 per person or $40 per couple, you get a three-hour painting class with all materials included and step-by-step instruction from a professional art teacher. You also get the happy hour pricing on food and beverages until 6 p.m. This class is for everyone — no experience is required.
Tickets must be purchased in advance as we have limited spaces. Register below and don’t miss Art Happy Hour!
We already know you love wine, but do you love local, organic produce? How about gourmet, four-course meals? What about your friends and neighbors?
Join us on Saturday, October 11 from 6-8 p.m. for the best of all of the above at The Wine Pub’s Community Dinner, featuring special guest Farm Fresh to You. Space is limited, so secure your space today.
An expert from the organic produce delivery service joins Chef Malissa to guide 30 guests through the farm-to-table process that emphasizes taste, nutrition, quality, freshness and sustainability. We will enjoy an exclusive four-course meal prepared with this local, seasonal produce and expertly paired with an optional flight of wines.
- Soup: Roasted butternut squash with cinnamon crème fraiche, paired with Bele Casel Prosecco
- Salad: Spinach with pear, walnut and pecan brittle, fresh chevre goat cheese, pomegranate seeds and a blackberry balsamic vinaigrette, paired with Riff Pinot Grigio
- Entrée: Apple and sage stuffed pork tenderloin with maple Dijon roasted fingerling potatoes, wilted kale and chard salad, paired with Pali Pinot Noir
- Dessert: Baked cinnamon apple tarts with fresh whipped cream, paired with Warre’s Otima Port
You can plan to leave with new friends, a full belly and a take-home care package that includes fresh produce, ingredient samples, recipes and wine pairing information to replicate this fantastic dinner at home.