This year we’ve created some value priced wine packages to complement your holiday entertaining. You won’t find these wines at Vons or BevMo – they are from small boutique wineries and are specially priced just for the month of December.
Whites and bubbles:
- Ventana Sauvignon Blanc, Arroyo Seco
- Six Degrees Chardonnay, California
- Tobin James Dream Weaver Sparkling Wine
Retail $58, Special Package Price $45
This group of wines is very food friendly. They are great with appetizers, salads and lighter entrees. Pair the Sauvignon Blanc with a nice seafood appetizer, the chardonnay with a salad or soup and the Sparkling Wine with really anything – it is so versatile.
Mix it Up:
- Saddleback Cellars Chardonnay, Napa Valley
- Highway 12 Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma County
- Pierre Chanier Brut Sparkling Wine, France
Retail $78, Special Package Price $59
These wines are a bit more bold in flavor so the Chardonnay would work well with a richer soup, or flavorful cheeses. The Cabernet Sauvignon can stand up to a holiday Prime Rib or Lamb. And the French Sparkling will make a nice pairing with any dessert especially an apple pie or bread pudding.
It’s all about Red!
- Trione Pinot Noir, Central Coast
- Siete Fincas Cabernet Sauvignon, Argentina
- X Winery Red Blend, California
Retail $70, Special Package Price $49
Pinot Noir is a very food friendly wine. It can pair with a soup or salad, or something more significant like a salmon entrée or a mushroom dish. This particular Cabernet Sauvignon is a great meat wine, from steak to prime rib. And we love our blends, the X Blend is an easy drinking wine that could pair nicely with a roasted chicken or perhaps some delicious dark chocolate.